I love a good cookie and I have been developing cookie recipes trying to find the perfect “signature” cookie. I believe I finally made the perfect cookie. These Smore Chocolate Chip Cookies are the most amazing cookies. I have had multiple people tell me that they would pay me to bake them these cookies. They are THAT GOOD!
I won’t lie to you. These cookies require a little bit of extra work but let me assure you. They are worth the EXTRA work. Don’t be scared off. The few extra steps literally only take 2-3 minutes and the result is perfection!
Ingredients for Smore Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Graham Crackers
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Chocolate Chips
Tips, Tricks, and Prep
The first thing you need to do is get the butter and the eggs out. These ingredients need to be at room temperature.
I recently discovered that one of my favorite secret ingredients in many recipes is graham crackers. But, not just graham crackers. Graham cracker “flour”. I like to blend graham crackers in my ninja blender and have a few cups on hand at all times. My Reese Bars are a perfect example of why I keep graham cracker flour on hand.
If you don’t happen to have graham cracker flour on hand at all times take a minute and blend some up now. I find it easiest to have all my ingredients prepped and ready in advance.
This recipe also forms a thicker type cookie dough so I HIGHLY recommend using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. You can, of course, use a hand mixer but a standing mixer will make it much quicker and easier to handle.
I like to make these cookies extra big. I find with the mix-ins that bigger cookies work better and hold together. Plus, who doesn’t love a giant cookie full of yummy goodness?
S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Graham Cracker "flour"
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Pieces Graham Crackers, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a separate bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat butter and sugars together, using the paddle attachment, for approximately 2 minutes or until mixture is light.
- Add in extracts and eggs, 1 at a time until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Using a sturdy spoon fold in the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop dish out cookies, 2 scoops per cookie, onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes.
- DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE COOKIES FROM THE SHEET for at least 15 minutes! You want the marshmallows to have a chance to set back up.